Friday, July 24, 2009

God's Timing

God's timing is definitely different from mine. And He may have very different ideas as to how my adoption should progress. I received this email earlier today:
I wanted to let you know that we have just had a pair of sisters come available for adoption, and I wanted to see if you would be interested in considering them? I see that you prefer just one child, but are open to two. If you truly wish to adopt just one child, that is definitely no problem—please just let me know. Otherwise, if you would like to take a look at this information for these sisters, you could consider them and then let me know. The paperwork says their ages are 3 and 5 or 6, but I think they could be older—maybe 4 or 5, and 7 years old.

I am really not sure what to think. I know I can't think about much until I see more information. I did email the gal and say that I would definitely prayerfully consider the girls. As I told others on another web board, I had just started thinking that I really only wanted one and really wanted one that was younger. Now I am rethinking that. God is really funny. Just when I think I have things figured out, He goes and does something like this. I am not sure I am the right parent for these girls, but I am hoping He shows me clearly one way or another. This would definitely push my timeline a little closer and faster than I thought. That might make life a little tougher at our clinic, but I know that God has that figured out for me too. And to top it off, I had a message from the social worker this afternoon that they want to set up a time to do my homestudy. This is starting to feel really real now.

I don't know what else to say. Please feel free to share your thoughts and prayers. I welcome them all.

One other thing this may do is cause me to need to do a lot more fundraising. I was hoping to be able to do this without it, but if God is going to move things faster He is going to need to raise some money for me. I know some are called to contribute to adoptions. If that is you, here is a link to Christian World Foundation where you can donate directly to my adoption (Donation Form). If that isn't you, please don't feel obligated. Just send your prayers my way and I will be thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment