Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What Does Love Make You Do?

I have a T-shirt that asks that question on the back. Someone at work wondered if there was an interesting answer to the question. My answer is: Adoption. The shirt is in support of the Ethiopia:Hope projects started by my church. I used to say that I would adopt if I was 40, established and still single. After my church rolled out their decision to start pouring into the country of Ethiopia and explained the HUGE number of orphans there (4 million and growing), I decided that I didn't really need to wait. I am still single, God has provided me with a great home and a good-paying job. What more could I want? The answer God gave me is a child or two from Ethiopia. I am in the process of applying and hope to have everything done in the next month or so. If you really want to know what all is involved, let me know and I will add more information later. Suffice it to say for now that there is a lot of paperwork and even more reading and education. I don't know yet whether I will adopt a boy or a girl or how old the child will be. I also don't know when it will all happen.
Check out Christian World Adoption for information on my adoption agency and be sure to watch their video that asks the same question. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment