Friday, August 7, 2009

BAKE SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having a bake sale tomorrow. I am hoping to raise some money for my adoption that way. It has also given me an outlet for my need to cook. I have had more fun today making things. I don't think my oven has worked this hard in a really long time. In the picture are kringla (Norwegian "figure of 8" cakes/cookies), raspberry pie, strawberry pie, almond cake, banana bread, chocolate chip cookies and a rosemary-tomato-mozzarella tart. While I was taking these pictures there was also a raspberry-nectarine crisp in the oven. I can't tell you how good the house smells.


This is the tomato tart. Someone really needs to figure out how to transmit smells through computers. This is the single best smelling thing I have cooked. The combination of the rosemary, garlic, tomatoes and melting mozzarella almost caused me to keep this for myself rather than take it to the sale. Then I remembered that I can make another one. :-) I have never made it before and got the recipe from the internet on a really great site. Here is the link through Tasty Kitchen. Check out the site. I also found recipes for raspberry-honey-lavender freezer jam that also tastes AMAZING and a really easy raspberry pie. Are you figuring out my favorite fruit yet?
Well, now that I have gotten all of you hungry, I am going to go to bed now. Oh and by the way, I had my home study today and I think it went well. I am now going to formally accept the referral of the two little girls. Their pictures are all over the house already. I think they are supposed to come live here. Unfortunately, I can't post any pictures until they are legally mine. But if you want to see them, email me and I can send you the pictures I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment