Saturday, August 15, 2009

It Hit Me

So during worship tonight at church it hit me that I really am going to be a mom. I have been working on this adoption thing for a few months (thinking about it for years), but tonight something hit me. Maybe it just suddenly felt more real. I have a hard time pulling up people's faces in my mind, but not these girls. Their features seem to be burned in my memory. I can't wait to see them grow, take them to the mountains, take them sledding, do things as a family. The fact that God is calling me to raise these two girls and influence their lives is almost more than I can bear. Thank God I don't have to. I remind myself that God never calls us to anything He isn't going to give us the strength to do. All of these thoughts hit me during the singing portion of the service and I just dissolved into tears (I know, I cry at almost anything and everything). I am tearing up again just thinking about it.
There really isn't any other news here, just thought I would share my thoughts with you. That is what a blog is for isn't it? Tomorrow I am headed out to Crow Fair. I am hoping to get some good pictures so I will post those when I have a chance. Hope the rest of your weekend is as blessed as mine has been so far.

1 comment: