Friday, January 15, 2010

Blessings

I found out today that an anonymous donor made a large donation to my adoption fund at Harvest Church. I am absolutely humbled that someone sees my adoption as that important. My family and some friends, yes, but someone who doesn't even want me to know them is amazing to me. If you are reading this, whoever you are, I pray that God blesses you as much as you have blessed me. I have been having all sorts of last minute jitters sorts of thoughts as the court date gets nearer. I have been praying that God would continue to remind me that this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing. He did it in a big way with this donation.
In less than two weeks I could legally be a mom. That thought fills me with joy, fear, anxiety, and yes, a little panic. I know God is going to provide everything I need. He has already, but all of these thoughts are still there. Then I remember that God calls me to "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46 goes on to say "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." That is what I want; I want God to be exalted in my adoption. I just get to sit still and watch Him work out the details. And then, the stories that I will tell my children about how God made us a family will be wonderful.
Tune in on January 29th to see how the next step turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment