Friday, January 1, 2010

Documents submitted

I have been asked to write an update on the adoption progress. When I have a chance, I will put up photos from the wonderful shower that my friend Michelle put on last Sunday. In the meantime here is a little update. All of my documents and the required local documents have been submitted to the court in Addis. CWA has gotten court dates through January 20th so mine will be sometime at the end of January or early February. I don't have to be there for that (I signed a Power of Attorney for CWA for exactly this purpose). When I pass court the girls are legally mine and I can share their photos here. If I pass court on the first try (not a foregone conclusion), then I would travel to get the girls for the Embassy date at the end of March or early April. I have asked CWA to give me at least 4 weeks' warning before I have to travel so my Embassy date might get pushed back a little bit. But I see that as a small price to pay so that I can give my partners and patients (especially the pregnant ones) some warning that I am going to be gone for 12 weeks. I am blessed that my employer not only gives the mandated 12 weeks of FMLA leave, but they continue my base salary during that entire time as well. Please keep praying that everything would go well and that God will provide all the funds I need when it is time to travel. Happy New Year and God Bless!!!!!

1 comment: