Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Less than 24 hours

As I type, it is about 4:30AM in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (ten hours later than Montana). The courts will open in a few hours and at some point the case of my girls will be heard. Their mother will have to tell a judge that she is willing to have some person she has never met take her children to a far away country and raise them. Lots of paper will be looked over, including the dossier that I sent down there in November (see earlier post). If the judge likes the way it all looks and the mom shows up and all the local paperwork is there, I will pass and legally be the parent of two little girls. The number of things that could go wrong is incredible. However, I am at peace no matter what happens over night. I am not in control of this process, God is (those of you who know me, feel free to laugh, I am a control freak, but I am learning to let go). His timing is perfect and even if I have to go through this process several times before those girls are mine, I will be okay and so will they. Today was busy and tomorrow will be as well since I am on call. I will post about the court's decision as soon as I can, but please be patient as my patients will have to come first tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. I continue to be in prayer that all goes according to God's perfect will.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete