Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meet Meskerem and Kidest

This will be a short post since I am home at lunch and need to get back to work. But I wanted all of you to know that I am a Mama! I got a phone call that I passed court this morning. Now I can share photos of my beautiful girls. Their names are Kidest (age 4ish) and Meskerem (age 6ish). "Kidest" means "blessed" in Amharic and "Meskerem" means "spring or September." I don't think I am going to change their names, but I may add American middle names.
I am planning on traveling for an Embassy date on April 6. It is so nice to actually make firm plans now.
I will have more to say later once I have processed all this, but here they are. Thanks to everyone who has been praying. Please don't stop, the real work starts now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I know most of your comments were on facebook rather than here. I wanted you to know that anyone I've shared this with at work came back and said two things: 1) how beautiful the girls are and 2) what a wonderful and selfless thing you are doing.

    ReplyDelete