Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 days

In 40 days I will have my girls in my arms.

That statement is almost too much for me to fathom. Lent started today and when it is Easter here in Montana it will be Monday, April 5 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and I will get to meet and hold my girls for the first time. Lent is usually thought of as a time of deprivation in honor of the time Jesus spent being tested in the wilderness before He started His ministry here on Earth. I think it is more a time of preparation. I am definitely seeing it that way this year. I won't be giving anything up like television or chocolate or caffeine (though I am cutting back on all of those things). This year I will be preparing to give up the life I know for a life that will be much more difficult, but infinitely more rewarding than the life I have been living. People keep asking if I am excited. I never know quite how to respond. I am excited, but I have a lot of trepidation as there are so many unknowns in this process. I am so thankful that God is bigger than all of this and He will provide the wisdom and strength I need, when I need it. So if I don't seem as excited as you think I should be, forgive me, I just have a lot of things to think about.

Below is the video that prefaced the church service that started this whole process. I thought it might help others understand why I am doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment