Tuesday, February 2, 2010

More photos.

The girls have been moved to the care center in Addis Ababa. They are looking pretty healthy and happy. They have bands on their wrists that have their first name and my last name written on them. Those bands were placed on their wrists after court on the 28th. They will stay on until I pick them up in April.

I just can't get over their smiles and how good they look. I know there will still be health issues, but right now they look great.

At some point in the next few weeks they will get a photo book that I put together for them. I should get a picture of them looking at it and I will post that too. It is so much fun to be able to share all of these photos now after so many months of not being able to share them.


Above is Kidest (or Kidist, not sure how it will be spelled until I see the birth certificate) and this is Meskerem. The broad smiles are unusual since Ethiopians don't usually smile for photos. The difference between these girls and the first photo I received is incredible. Actually, I will add that photo below as well. That way you can see just how far they have come.


Two of the saddest little girls I have ever seen. Can you believe they are the same kids?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The difference in their faces is amazing! They are shining now knowing they have a mommy coming for them! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! i found your blog from Aimee Brown. We adopted our daughter (we are in Billings) about a year and half ago and am soo glad she didn't have to be the only Ethiopian in Billings for very long!!! Blessings to you and would love to meet someday

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want to make a trip over to see you once you're all settled in. I bet the girls will make great friends (they're the same age!). Congrats!!!

    (JennG from the fouse web-board)

    ReplyDelete