Thursday, April 8, 2010

Quilts

I thought I would prove that I do have some home-ec abilities. I made two rag quilts (the only kind of quilting I can do) for the girls. They are small, but I think they will work perfectly on the plane and as transitional-type objects for them. The front is green and yellow calico-type fabric and the back is red flannel. Those are the colors of the Ethiopian flag and I hope that will help them have more meaning for the girls.
I can hardly believe that I leave in less than a week. One week from right now I will be in Washington DC having dinner with both my mom and dad. I am hoping to get everything packed up this weekend except for the few things that I need out up until then.
Sometime this weekend I plan to post some information on how my life is going to look when I get home. I think it will be helpful for all of you, my friends and family, understand what the reality of international adoption is and what sort of work I need to do with the kids for us to be a cohesive family. So stay tuned for that. Let me know if there is something specific that you would like to know about this process. Or if you have advice, I am happy to "hear" that too.

1 comment:

  1. Cool quilts! I know they'll snuggle up and love them. Can't wait to meet my granddaughters next month! Unbelievable! :)

    ReplyDelete