Monday, April 19, 2010

We're Here

I don't have pictures that I can post yet, but my mom and I arrived safely in Ethiopia on Saturday morning. We have been taking it easy the last couple of days. Yesterday we walked to an Orthodox church and one of the Deacons was willing to show us around and let us in the church. I will have pictures of that when I get home. We were with another adoptive family and a group from Canada. We also had one young boy who was acting as tour guide and then several of his friends joined him on our walk. It was quite a parade to see all the white folks with a bunch of young Ethiopian boys walking down the street.
This morning (in about an hour or so) we will go get the girls. I could have gone yesterday, but I just wasn't ready. My brain had Monday as the day and it wasn't going to change. It was also helpful to have another day to get over jet-lag and relax. Okay, this will have to be enough for now. The internet has been better than I ever expected. But once I have the girls, I don't think I will have time for much posting. =)

1 comment: